Dance & Art Alive Company organizes annual international festival activities in different parts of West Africa. Since 2010, after discursions with several international partners, we started to host and participate in salsa/Latin dance & music festivals aimed at boosting international relations and promoting tourism in Nigeria and other countries. We have held this event over the last three years in Lagos-Nigeria, Benin Republic, Ghana and Ivory Coast, with the aim of reviving Yoruba lost culture, promoting health & wellness, boosting tourism, building international relationships amongst countries and creating jobs. We consult for some West African countries on tourism development.
Dance & Art Alive Salsa Conferences in Africa in recent years
Since 2010 when we started talks with the international to host Congresses in West Africa, the following has been achieved: -
- Accra international Salsa Congress – Ghana 2012 & 2013. Supported by Accra Ministry of tourism. Countries that participated – USA, Ghana, Nigeria, Mexico, Cuba, United Kingdom and Angola.
- West African Salsa/Latin Dance Congress Lagos – Nigeria 2013. Supported by Century Energy Group, 7UP Bottling Company, SPAN and Mobil. Countries that participated – United Kingdom, Nigeria, Togo, Ghana.
- Festival International de Salsa Cotonu – Republic of Benin 2014 , 2015 & 2016. Supported by the tourism board Benin. Countries that participated – Benin, Togo, Ghana, Nigeria, France and USA.
- African Salsa Congress Abidjan – Ivory Coast 2014. Sponsored by COTE D’IVOIRE Tourism, Jumia, Tuborg Gold, Ibis Hotel, Alagon hotel, Trace TV & many more. Countries that participated – Nigeria, Ghana, France, Cuba, South Africa, Kenya, USA.
- West African Afro Cuban Dance & Music Festival Nigeria & Ghana 2014 & 2015. Supported by National Open University of Nigeria, SCOA, Deal Dey, Easy Taxi, La pointe, Jovago, Oriental Hotel, Pepsi and SPAN. Countries that participated are Nigeria, Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana, Kenya, Netherlands, United States.