Dance & Art Alive – CLASSES, PERFORMANCES & STAGE PRODUCTIONS
Dance & Art Alive Classes. - Plan your week with Dance & Art Alive classes & salsa with Mr Buddy & his team. Opportunities for networking, socializing and dancing Salsa, bachata, merengue, kizomba, tarraxinha, reggeaton, Argentine tango, samba, cha cha and more.
Here is our schedule from FEBRUARY TO APRIL.
Salsa/Kizomba classes and social dancing at ALBA LOUNGE plot 1 Anifowose street of Adeola Odeku or off Kofo Abayomi in Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria
Time is 7pm till 11pm.
Class starts by 8pm.
Come with a friend and enjoy the best of Latino entertainment. Class is N2000
Tuesday - Bachata and Chacha. Venue is Othello’s 32b Musa YarAdua Str. Off Idowu Martin’s, Off Adeola Odeku Street. VI. Lagos. Time 7pm till 10pm. Class 8pm to 9pm sharp
Wednesday - Cuban Salsa classes at N-tyce 1310 karimu kotun off akin adesola in Victoria Island Lagos 7pm. Class starts 8pm. Entrance is free. Note, we are now upstairs at Ntyce.
Class is N2000
Thursday fun LA Salsa dance classes and kizomba dancing at Bottles Mexican Restaurant at number 8 imam Agusto close off olosa in Victoria Island Lagos 7pm. Class starts 8pm. Class is N2000
FRIDAYS, Salsa, Afro house, zumba, zouk and line dances. Venue is VirginRose Resort plot 1231a Bishop Oluwole Street opposite Equity place, off Akin adesola in Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria. Time is 7pm till midnight. Class is 7.40 till 8.30pm.
Saturday we are at SMOKEY BONES Restaurant at number 8 Fabac Close off ligali Ayorinde street beside Mobil house in Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria. 7pm. Dancing Salsa, Zouk, Line dances, Merengue, rueda de casino, bachata, tarraxinha and more. Entrance is free
Class is N2000
Entry and social dancing is free but classes are only N2000 per class at all venues.
Monthly registration is N10,000 only and it covers all venues, but expires at the end of each month no matter when you make payment.
Whatsapp Mr Buddy on +2348056002459 for more information on private classes and social dancing and follow @mrbuddysalsa on instagram for Latin Dance information in West Africa.
Dance & Art Alive we don’t just dance, we educate you with international standard.
Book a session with us and have fun while learning.
Kindly tell a friend
We will conduct private lessons or group classes (4 or more students) at a venue of your choice.
Dance & Art Alive powers and manages Salsa Naija [Salsa in Nigeria] activities in West Africa.
Dance & Art Alive Performances
We can provide dance performances for events such as birthdays, weddings, business functions, musical videos, club dances, stage performances, ceremonies and wine tastings. Performances are designed to suit the event by selecting dance style, music, number of dancers, etc. We can also source musicians, comedians, poets and fashion displays.
Some performances ideas are:
• Kick off your private party with a flash. Have a professional dance couple perform a couple of dances and then encourage your guests to dance. For fun use a salsa dance, for Valentine’s Day choose a Rumba or a Tango, for a young birthday party select hip-hop Africana or a rock ‘n’ roll night could use a jive.
• Give a formal work function an edge of class and flair by having our dancers illustrate a key message of the function or simply to have some fun. We can integrate a concept of your product marketing in our dance, or the product itself. Costuming can be arranged to complement the theme.
There is no limit to where your imagination can take you in designing a performance to suit your requirements. We enjoy working with our clients to develop concepts that will add sparkle, colour and pizzazz to their events.
Dance & Art Alive Stage Productions
We have used two different concepts for stage productions:
1. A drama where the story is told by a narrator and acted through dance and music.
2. A dance/variety show using comperes or comedians to link the performances.
Stage productions hold great sponsorship opportunities for organizations. Company logos and other advertising paraphernalia can be displayed on promotional materials, programs and at the venue on the days of the performances.
For more information, contact us on +234 805 600 2459
Dance & Art Alive has had the privilege of organizing several notable events over the last few years which include:
- FRANCO Chamber of Commerce & Industry 2014 & 2013 end of year celebration
- The West African Salsa/Latin Dance Congress Lagos-Nigeria 2013. Supported by SPAN, 7UP bottling Company and Century Energy Group. 2013
- Christmas at My House, A Dangerous Game, Second Chances, Dance With Purpose & Eye of the Tiger: five dramatic dance shows produced, choreographed and performed exclusively for Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN) in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 respectively. All productions were educative as their stories were interwoven with serious messages about malaria, poor education, illicit drug usage, child trafficking, gambling, danger of excess alcohol and safety.
- 10 years Renewal of wedding vows 2011 for Ken Etete and An Evening of Pleasure, the 2009 end of year full entertainment package for Century Energy Services Limited CESL. Dance & Art Alive packaged the whole event which held at the prestigious grand ballroom of the Oriental hotel Lekki and KFA Events center respectively.
- CloseUp Salsa Fiesta 2008 and 2012 in Accra, Ghana. Fully sponsored byCloseUp Ghana
- 2011 World Press Conference and awards for Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas NLNG at the grand ballroom of Eko hotel.
-Copacabana for the Lagos Yacht Club for their 2008 Music on the Lagoon event. This event had a narrator, dancers, singers and musicians. Seija Knight, Australian opera singer, based in London, was flown in for the event which raised 6.1 million naira for charity, which was donated by the Lagos Yacht Club through Ishahayi Beach School Foundation to support education for poor Nigerian children.
-Ghana Night of the Salseros 2007, the first West African end of year Latin dance event, fully sponsored by Patrick Ifeanyi Uba, MD/CEO Capital Oil & Gas industries. Ten Nigerian professional dancers performed at this event.
-Close up salsa fiesta 2008, sponsored by Close up Ghana.
-La Casera Salsa Splash held at OceanView in 2007: a Latin Dance Love Fiesta and the first award night designed to celebrate dance in Nigeria. Sponsored by La Casera.
-The Merengue Show, for British American Tobacco 2005, at The Vault V/I, the first ever mega Latin dance concert in Nigeria showcased dancers and comedians who are now big names in entertainment.
-Salsa Alive 1-9: comedy and Latin Dance shows/parties. These events combined Nigerian comedy with unique dance performances from Latin American dances, Hip hop and contemporary dance styles and were sponsored by Classic Beverages and Red Bull.
-Over a hundred dance performances for events ranging from wine tastings, to company functions, product launches and private parties.
-Choreographed a dance for the directors of Small World 2008, the biggest charity event in Lagos.
-We are aware that dance is not the main focus for the contestants but it is very important for the optimization of their stage performance and stamina as all well known musical artistes undergo rigorous dance and choreography sessions to enhance the quality of their stage performances.
-Our instructors will train the contestants to be bold, confident, creative and daring in all their performances.
-Dance & Art Alive is also willing to provide professional dance performances for the show as well as back up dancers for the contestants when they are required.