Dance & Art Alive – CLASSES, PERFORMANCES & STAGE PRODUCTIONS
Dance & Art Alive Classes. – Plan your week with Dance & Art Alive after-work social dance classes with Mr. Buddy & his team. Opportunities for networking, socializing, and dancing Salsa, Bachata, Zouk, Merengue, Kizomba, Tarraxinha, Reggeaton, Chacha, and more.
Here is our schedule
The Lagos AFRO-LATIN Night venues for now: –
Tuesdays: Thistle Restaurant & Bar
Address:897 Balarabe Musa Crescent, opposite 1004 entrance gate in Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria. Salsa & Kizomba
Wednesdays: Ceasers Lounge 16 Waziri Ibrahim Crescent in Victoria Island Lagos. Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba, and line dances.
Thursdays: Cabaret Sip & Dine restaurant
Address: 32 Musa Yar’Adua street off Idowu Martin street in Victoria Island Lagos.
Fridays: CCX LAGOS
Address: 273 Kofo Abayomi Street, close to Intercontinental Hotel in Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria.
Kizomba, Salsa, Bachata, Afro-Dance and Line dances
Saturdays: SmokeyBones Restaurant
Address: 8, Fabac Close, Off Ligali Ayorinde street in Victoria Island, Lagos. Salsa, Semba, Kizomba
Please note that all venues will generally run from 7pm till 10pm or 11pm (as the case might be)
Classes run from 7:50pm to 8:35pm – please come early.
Social dancing before and after classes with line dances.
Entry and social dancing are free but classes are N2000 per class at all venues.
Monthly registration is N12,000 only and it covers all venues but expires at the end of each month no matter when you make payment.
Dance & Art Alive we don’t just dance, we educate you with international standards.
Book a session with us and have fun while learning.
Kindly tell a friend
We will conduct private lessons or group classes (4 or more students) at a venue of your choice.
Dance & Art Alive powers and manages Salsa Naija [Salsa in Nigeria] activities in West Africa.
Dance & Art Alive Performances
We can provide dance performances for events such as birthdays, weddings, business functions, musical videos, club dances, stage performances, ceremonies, and wine tastings. Performances are designed to suit the event by selecting dance style, music, number of dancers, etc. We can also source musicians, comedians, poets, and fashion displays.
Some performances ideas are:
• Kick off your private party with a flash. Have a professional dance couple perform a couple of dances and then encourage your guests to dance. For fun use a salsa dance, for Valentine’s Day choose a Rumba or a Tango, for a young birthday party select hip-hop Africana or a rock ‘n’ roll night could use a jive.
• Give a formal work function an edge of class and flair by having our dancers illustrate a key message of the function or simply to have some fun. We can integrate a concept of your product marketing in our dance, or the product itself. Costuming can be arranged to complement the theme.
There is no limit to where your imagination can take you in designing a performance to suit your requirements. We enjoy working with our clients to develop concepts that will add sparkle, color, and pizzazz to their events.
Dance & Art Alive Stage Productions
We have used two different concepts for stage productions:
1. A drama where the story is told by a narrator and acted through dance and music.
2. A dance/variety show using comperes or comedians to link the performances.
Stage productions hold great sponsorship opportunities for organizations. Company logos and other advertising paraphernalia can be displayed on promotional materials, programs, and at the venue on the days of the performances.
Dance & Art Alive has had the privilege of organizing several notable events over the last few years which include:
– FRANCO Chamber of Commerce & Industry 2014 & 2013 end of year celebration
– The West African Salsa/Latin Dance Congress Lagos-Nigeria 2013. Supported by SPAN, 7UP bottling Company, and Century Energy Group. 2013
– Christmas at My House, A Dangerous Game, Second Chances, Dance With Purpose & Eye of the Tiger: five dramatic dance shows produced, choreographed, and performed exclusively for Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN) in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 respectively. All productions were educative as their stories were interwoven with serious messages about malaria, poor education, illicit drug usage, child trafficking, gambling, the danger of excess alcohol, and safety.
– 10 years Renewal of wedding vows 2011 for Ken Etete and An Evening of Pleasure, the 2009 end of year full entertainment package for Century Energy Services Limited CESL. Dance & Art Alive packaged the whole event held at the prestigious grand ballroom of the Oriental hotel Lekki and KFA Events center respectively.
– CloseUp Salsa Fiesta 2008 and 2012 in Accra, Ghana. Fully sponsored byCloseUp Ghana
– 2011 World Press Conference and awards for Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas NLNG at the grand ballroom of Eko hotel.
–Copacabana for the Lagos Yacht Club for their 2008 Music on the Lagoon event. This event had a narrator, dancers, singers, and musicians. Seija Knight, an Australian opera singer, based in London, was flown in for the event which raised 6.1 million naira for charity, which was donated by the Lagos Yacht Club through Ishahayi Beach School Foundation to support education for poor Nigerian children.
–Ghana Night of the Salseros 2007, the first West African end of year Latin dance event, fully sponsored by Patrick Ifeanyi Uba, MD/CEO Capital Oil & Gas industries. Ten Nigerian professional dancers performed at this event.
–Close up salsa fiesta 2008, sponsored by Close up Ghana.
–La Casera Salsa Splash held at OceanView in 2007: a Latin Dance Love Fiesta and the first award night designed to celebrate dance in Nigeria. Sponsored by La Casera.
–The Merengue Show, for British American Tobacco 2005, at The Vault V/I, the first-ever mega Latin dance concert in Nigeria showcased dancers and comedians who are now big names in entertainment.
–Salsa Alive 1-9: comedy and Latin Dance shows/parties. These events combined Nigerian comedy with unique dance performances from Latin American dances, Hip hop, and contemporary dance styles and were sponsored by Classic Beverages and Red Bull.
-Over a hundred dance performances for events ranging from wine tastings to company functions, product launches, and private parties.
-Choreographed dance for the directors of Small World 2008, the biggest charity event in Lagos.
-We are aware that dance is not the main focus for the contestants, but it is essential for the optimization of their stage performance and stamina as all well-known musical artists undergo rigorous dance and choreography sessions to enhance the quality of their stage performances.
-Our instructors will train the contestants to be bold, confident, creative, and daring in all their performances.
-Dance & Art Alive is also willing to provide professional dance performances for the show as well as back up dancers for the contestants when they are required.